F-Board is designed to be used beneath floor heating systems to minimise downward heat loss and aid in faster warm-up times.
Without the use of F-Board insulation, some of the energy generated from the heating elements travels downwards into the floor below leaving less heat available to warm the tiles.
F-Board insulation is of particular importance in small applications like bathrooms, en-suites, and powder rooms because these areas usually require “faster” warm-up times, higher floor temperatures (than larger, general living areas) and are often occupied for only short periods of time.
F-Board insulation ensures energy saving, cost savings, improved comfort and quicker warm-up times.
- high water resistance
- high insulation value
- high compressive strength
- very light weight
- easy to install.
- F-Board is simply glued (using a staggered joint layout) to the concrete or timber floor using typical tile adhesives (non-solvent based) suited to electrically heated floors
- the floor surface must be a clean, dry, dust-free, smooth flat surface
- plasterboard jointing tape is recommended for all joints
- where required, the water-proofing membrane may be placed below or on top of the F-Board insulation layer
- the heating elements are then placed directly on to the F-Board and the Tiler continues the floor finish/tiling process following normal practices
- the heating elements can be in a screed bed or glue bed/leveling compound, based on the heating design selected.