CTA Australia are manufacturers of DiamondGrip dome indicator studs for handrails, which advise pedestrians they are approaching stairs or a ramp from either an upwardly or downwardly direction.
In accordance with the Building Code of Australia, aged care facilities do not need to include tactile indicators on stairways, escalators, travelators or ramps, as long as handrails incorporate raised dome indicator hand rail studs in accordance with AS1428.1.
CTA Australia's DiamondGrip raised dome indicator hand rail studs, which also incorporate a Braille message, are available as a combination set, and have a range of benefits, including:
- peel and stick backing, making installation and compliance with the codes extremely easy to achieve
- low profile design, ensuring they do not pose a safety risk
- manufactured as a single piece from 316 marine grade stainless steel
- durable and long-lasting
- match the style of most hand rail applications and;
- high functionality, providing enhanced awareness of direction of travel.