CSR Bradford Insulation has made meeting the new BCA duct insulation standards as easy as ABC with the launch of its new R-rated Enviroduct range of insulation products for heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems (HVAC). The Enviroduct range was launched at the ARBS 2006 Trade Fair at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre.
The Enviroduct range is Bradford’s response to the introduction of the Building Code of Australia 2006 Energy Efficiency provisions for Class 5-9 commercial buildings. The new legislation requires R-rated insulation of air-conditioning ducting for the first time in Australia. Under the new provisions the minimum thickness for duct insulation will typically increase from the current 25mm (R0.7) to 38mm (R1.0), with 50mm (R1.5) required in some climate zones.
Ray Thompson, Bradford’s Commercial Marketing Manager said, “Bradford’s R-rated Enviroduct range meets and exceeds the standards set out in the BCA and provides an excellent guide to the minimum levels of duct insulation required for energy efficiency and the optimum performance of air-conditioning systems. We are proud to be able to contribute to the enhancement of Australian energy conservation standards for air-conditioning systems which are a significant contributor of greenhouse gas emissions here.”
The product range is supported by new product literature entitled, Bradford Enviroduct, which provides specifiers of commercial projects an overview of the new minimum BCA duct and pipe insulation standards, a step-by-step guide on specifying the right insulation for heating and cooling systems in commercial building projects and information on Bradford’s Enviroduct range. In this brochure, Bradford has recommended bulk insulation products for each climate zone and HVAC installation which provide a level of comfort in meeting the minimum BCA requirement, allowing for variations in system installations while ensuring efficient ducted air-conditioning performance with lower energy usage.
Bradford’s comprehensive range of Enviroduct solutions includes internal ductliners, external ductliners, flexible duct and acoustic linings – all complying with AS/NZS4859.1 – a key new requirement for insulation used in ductwork.
Ducts are primarily insulated internally for noise absorption. Bradford’s range of internal ductliners includes:
• Supertel – An economical solution that combines thermal and acoustic insulation and is available in a full range of R-values to meet the new BCA requirements;
• Ultratel – Premium extra density thermal and acoustic insulation;
• Fibertex – A totally non-combustible (AS1530.1) industrial grade internal duct insulation with non-reflective acoustic lining for high temperature applications.
Bradford’s range of external and flexible duct insulation products include:
• Multitel – An economical solution available in a range of R-Values to suit the requirements of the BCA for different applications and climate zones;
• Flexitel – For a premium finish, the added density of this product provides a more resilient duct wrap and is especially suitable for areas where duct work may be visible;
• Specitel – For the insulation of flexible duct, this provides the optimum combination of thermal performance and thickness resulting in a smaller, economical and lighter duct with excellent fire properties compared to polyester.
Bradford’s range of acoustic linings for internal duct insulation includes:
• Acoustituff – An economical, tough, lightweight fully enclosed vapour barrier;
• Ultraphon – A non-reflective acoustic lining that is strong and durable while offering good cleanability. It also has excellent broad band sound absorption.
• HD Perforated Foil – Traditional ductliner facing for excellent acoustic performance.
The Enviroduct range does not support bacterial growth. In addition, Bradford can also provide the latest USA and European product solutions with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial coatings for maximum indoor air quality. All Bradford Glasswool and Rockwool HVAC products are made with biosoluble fibres. They are safe to install and use for the life of the air-conditioning system and provide excellent fire resistant properties.