In a recent report
, there are concerns over a number of schools in Sydney's greater west that are yet to adopt Cancer Council Australia's SunSmart campaign.
However, the report also praised schools that are effectively pushing sun safety messages, with many taking the next step in building shade structures, using the Federal Government Building the Education Revolution
The NSW Government Education & Communities
highlighted a number of factors in Australia that contribute to high rates of sun damage including:
- lifestyle, work, school and recreational practices may expose us to the sun frequently and for long periods
- exposure of the skin to the sun is common during peak UVR times
The Government also recommended that school children remain in the shade whenever possible - such as playing in shaded areas - especially during peak UV times.
Luckily, Creative Covers & Awnings
offer commercial grade shade sails that are built to last.
These shade sails are perfect for creating shaded 'play areas', lunch areas and even dedicated covered outdoor learning areas (COLA).
Key benefits include:
- engineered shade structure
- permanent shade sail solution, built accordingly
- easy to maintain
- quality design and functionality
- ideal for providing undercover shade in various areas