Speedheat Floor Heating Australia under timber heating systems are heated using Speedheat laminated panel heaters and are suitable for installation under floating timber or floating laminate flooring. While laminate products don’t often have temperature restrictions, the maximum temperature allowed for under floor heating for timber products is often around 27°C. It is important to check the specifications of flooring products before selecting Speedheat under floor timber heating.
Speedheat laminated panel heaters can be fitted between the underlay and the floating floor or even between the subfloor and underlay if the subfloor is smooth and clean. To achieve the full benefits from Speedheat under timber heating additional scatter rugs should not be placed on top of the floating timber floors.
Speedheat under timber heating can be used for the following applications:
- Laminated, glued and floating timber
- Bamboo flooring
- Vinyl and linoleum floors
- Secret nailed application
- New builds and retrofits;and
- Residential and commercial buildings.
Speedheat laminated panel heaters are available in two heating outputs:
- 160W/m²panels; and
- 125W/m² panels.
160W/m²panels produce a maximum temperature of 38 - 40°C and are suitable under laminate flooring, while 125W/m² panels produce a maximum temperature of 28 - 30°C and are suitable under timber flooring when used together with a thermostat.
Benefits of under timber heating from Speedheat include:
- A prompt heating time of around 15-30 minutes
- Heat is evenly distributed throughout the floor within approximately 1 hour
- Panel heaters do not emit VOCs (volatile organic compounds)
- Each room can be individually thermostatically controlled
- System does not require maintenance;and
- Easy installation.
For more information about the range of under floor heating available from Speedheat visit the website.