CASE Construction Equipment has introduced two new excavators in the CX-C series featuring better performance and fuel efficiency.
The new CX300C and CX350C heavy excavators are stronger, more efficient and cheaper to run, and feature Tier 4 Interim compliant low emission engines for cleaner operation.
Key performance attributes include an 8% increase in cycle times, 5% increase in lift capacity and fine controllability in a cost-effective package.
Case Product Manager, Scott O’Hare explains that the Case Intelligent Hydraulic System includes a number of functions designed to ensure that the hydraulic flow and engine load are perfectly matched to the task at hand, allowing the operator to get maximum results with minimum fuel use.
Case’s efficient Tier 4 Interim diesel engines feature Cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (CEGR) and a diesel particulate diffusor (DPD) to reduce emissions without the added expense and complexity of additional diesel exhaust fluids.
Scott adds that the new Tier 4 Interim compliant heavy excavators are receiving a positive response from customers who want to reduce their fuel bill as well as minimise their impact on the environment, while still maintaining full productivity.
Energy saving systems within the overall Case Intelligent Hydraulic System:
Key features of CX300C and CX350C excavators:
- Boom Economy Control (BEC) senses and controls engine load and fuel consumption during boom down and swing operation
- Idle Management System (IMS) manages engine rpm, lowering engine revs after five seconds of inactivity and shutting down after three minutes of inactivity
- Swing Relief Control (SWC) regulates hydraulic flow at the start of the swing operation to optimise performance while minimising fuel consumption
- Auto Economy Control (AEC) improves fuel efficiency whenever the joysticks are in the neutral position
- Spool Stroke Control (SSC) senses pressure during the digging operation to further optimise the hydraulic pressure requirements for fuel efficient operation
- Spacious cab with generous legroom and storage space
- Best-in-class operator environment delivering ultra-low noise and vibration
- 7-inch full colour LED monitor
- Easy to operate controls includes camera views for increased visibility around the machine
- Machine data offers increased visibility into the machine’s performance
- ROPS compliant cabs and hose burst control valves supplied as standard for assured safety
- Air suspension seat for additional comfort
- Automatic self-regeneration of the diesel particulate diffusor (DPD) ensures no loss of productivity
- Low engine rpm, improved hydraulic pump control and additional energy saving systems boost fuel economy without operator input
- ‘Green economy’ gauge in the cab helps the operator choose the most economical settings for the machine and view fuel consumption in real time