Caroma Dorf worked with a Mount Druitt family, helping to remodel their bathroom to cater to the special needs of their wheelchair‐bound son.
The existing bathroom at the Rositano family home in Mt. Druitt in Sydney’s West needed to be redesigned to accommodate the increasing needs of their disabled son George. It was becoming increasingly difficult for Mrs Rositano to lift George in and out of the bath.
After assessing the difficulties and following discussions with the family on their requirements, Caroma Dorf helped design a new bathroom along with Sam Nucifora from Upgrade Bathrooms.
The centrepiece of the Rositano family’s newly renovated bathroom is the Caroma Starlett steel bath. Builder Sam Nucifora understood their need for space to manoeuvre both a wheelchair and swing lift, and suggested the family remove their original shower in favour of a bath. The entire bathroom was tiled first and then a specially designed bath hob was built with clear space left underneath for the swing lift to be manoeuvred in and out.
Highlights of the new Caroma Care bathroom:
- Caroma Track shower on rail installed above the bath to allow greater showering flexibility
- Shower features both a removable handpiece and overhead shower with adjustable height to accommodate care related bathing needs
- Caroma Care 800 close coupled toilet suite provides balance and stability for George
- Toilet provides an elevated seat height and extended pan projection from the wall for improved wheelchair accessibility
- Caroma’s Smartflush technology delivers excellent water‐savings
- Caroma Cube 500 above counter basin with a Dorf Jovian mixer and Caroma Cosmo accessories offers practicality and style
The Caroma Dorf Care range of bathroom fixtures is designed to make life easier regardless of age, illness or disability.