Now available from Bosch Hot Water , the 'Bosch 32C Commercial Condensing' gas hot water system is creating a new benchmark in sustainable, energy efficient water heating, and is positioned as the only one of its kind in Australia.
Suitable for both commercial and domestic use in applications where there is a demand for large volumes of hot water, the Bosch 32C Commercial Condensing gas hot water system boasts a 6-star energy rating. This rating is thanks to the products 'condensing technology', which creates a level of energy efficiency of more than 94%.
Unlike traditional hot water systems, Bosch’s condensing technology captures waste heat from exhaust gas and uses it to preheat incoming cold water. The effect is an energy saving of more than 15.5%, compared to a standard continuous flow commercial system.
“Choosing this system for a commercial project is the equivalent of taking one and half cars off the road for an entire year, saving tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions and major dollars in terms of running costs,” says Bosch National Commercial Manager, James Smith.
The new gas hot water system from Bosch gives builders, architects, hydraulic consultants and plumbers the opportunity to meet and exceed the Australian Building Code Board’s latest energy efficiency provisions, while reducing environmental impact and energy costs for clients.
Designed specifically for commercial developments and large homes, the Bosch 32C (and the 32 standard model) Commercial Condensing gas hot water system is the only true commercial unit on the market and the only continuous flow system able to be installed externally or internally.
“The unit has dual heat exchangers, one for primary heating and one for secondary heating. A 100% stainless steel exchanger uses residual heat from exhaust gases to help preheat incoming water prior to it entering a primary copper heat exchanger,” says Smith.
“The copper heat exchanger is coated to prevent corrosion and deterioration, and the internal copper piping is 25% thicker than any other model,” he adds.
Additional features and benefits of the Bosch 32C Commercial Condensing gas hot water system include:
- 217 MJ/hr gas consumption, producing a flow rate of 32 litres per minute
- designed to run up to 16 to 20 hours per day
- commercial-grade components throughout, including heavy duty resin-coated printed circuit board, increases durability and protection from the elements
- installed as a single unit, manifolded or in combination, with storage
- self-diagnostic electronic staging and rotation system (in manifold)
- in-built neutraliser for the safe release of condensate (pH-neutral condensate)
- up to three optional temperature controllers, offering fingertip water temperature control
- available in 37°C to 85°C temperature range without temperature controllers, and 37°C to 80°C temperature range with temperature controllers, or 50°C locked
- premium warranty - two years on parts and labour and five years on the heat exchanger.
The domestic condensing gas hot water system, the Bosch 26eco+, with a 6.9-star energy rating, was named the 2009 GreenPlumbers ‘Product of the Year’ (2009), demonstrating the superior ecological benefits of the Bosch condensing range.