Bosch Hot Water creates a new benchmark in sustainable, energy-efficient water heating with the new Bosch 32C commercial condensing gas hot water system, positioned as the only one of its kind in Australia.
Suitable for both commercial and domestic use where there is demand for large volumes of hot water, the Bosch 32C water heating system boasts a 6-star energy rating, making it one of the most efficient commercial gas hot water units in the market.
The product’s edge is its unique condensing technology, which creates a superior level of energy efficiency at over 94%.
Unlike traditional water heaters, Bosch’s condensing technology captures waste heat from exhaust gas and uses it to preheat incoming cold water.
The result is an energy-saving of more than 15.5%, compared to a standard continuous flow commercial water heating system.
Bosch National Commercial Manager, James Smith said the environmental benefits of the Bosch 32C made it far superior to any other commercial model available, setting a new benchmark for the industry.
“Choosing this system for a commercial project is the equivalent of taking one and half cars off the road for an entire year, saving tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions and major dollars in terms of running costs.”
He said the new product gave builders, architects, hydraulic consultants and plumbers the opportunity to meet and exceed the Australian Building Code Board’s latest energy efficiency provisions, while reducing environmental impact and energy costs for their clients.
Designed specifically for commercial developments and large homes, the Bosch 32C (along with the 32 standard model) is the only true commercial unit on the market and the only continuous flow system that can be installed internally or externally.
“The unit has dual heat exchangers, one for primary heating and one for secondary heating. A 100% stainless steel exchanger uses residual heat from exhaust gases to help preheat incoming water prior to it entering a primary copper heat exchanger,” Mr Smith said.
“The copper heat exchanger is coated to prevent corrosion and deterioration, and the internal copper piping is 25% thicker than any other model,” he said.
Bosch 32C was developed in line with Australia’s Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) standards, and to complement Bosch’s existing range of energy efficient products.
The domestic condensing model, the Bosch 26eco+ with a 6.9-star energy rating was recently named the GreenPlumbers ‘Product of the Year’ (2009), demonstrating the superior ecological benefits of the Bosch condensing range.
Features and Benefits
- 6-star energy efficiency rating
- 217 MJ/hr gas consumption, producing a flow rate of 32 litres per minute
- Designed to run up to 16-20 hours per day
- 25% thicker commercial-grade copper heat exchanger fused with 100% stainless steel corrosion-resistant heat exchanger
- Self-diagnostic electronic staging and rotation system (in manifold)
- In-built neutraliser for the safe release of condensate (pH-neutral condensate)
- Optional temperature controllers (up to three), offering fingertip water temperature control
- Available in 37°C to 85°C temperature range (without temperature controllers), 37°C to 80°C temperature range (with temperature controllers) or 50°C locked
- Compatible with solar hot water and warm water return systems
- Premium warranty: Two years on parts and labour, five years on the heat exchanger (or three and 10 years respectively when used in domestic applications)