Available now from Bondor , Formawall fire resistant building panels are non combustible sandwich panels ideal for use on walls and ceilings.
Formawall fire resistant building panels feature with 0.6mm steel skins, flat or lightly ribbed, and a core of Flameguard mineral wool fibre. The core of these building panels is manufactured with the fibres orientated across the thickness of the panel to maximise structural strength.
Manufactured using non-ozone depleting materials, Formawall fire resistant building panels qualify for a Greenstar rating, making them ideal for wall and ceiling applications in environmentally sustainable homes and buildings.
Formawall fire resistant building panels are also suitable for use where non-combustible material is required by the Building Code of Australia.
With a cover width of 1200mm, Formawall fire resistant building panels are supplied in lengths to suit handling limitations, with the ends square cut only.
There are a few important things to keep in mind when using Formawall fire resistant building panels:
- during installation it is important that care be taken to prevent water entry into the core, as this has an adverse effect on insulation performance and can lead to corrosion
- Formawall fire resistant building panels are not recommended for use in cold storage below 8ºC, due to the need for near perfect vapour sealing
- in cool stores above 8ºC, double sealing is recommended to ensure vapour is prevented from entering into the core
- Formawall fire resistant building panels are not generally recommended for use in warm rooms because of the risk of corrosive vapours entering the panel
- when used on external walls, it is necessary to ensure water is prevented from entering into the panel core.