Australian Urethane Systems
was recently chosen for its polyurethane coating systems for the Carbon in Leach Tank Steel Protection project for Barrick Gold.
The project, which was completed July 2011, had a number of onsite requirements when it came to choosing the right coating product:
- proven track record in Carbon in Leach Tanks
- provide long term protection of the steel structure against chemical and abrasion attack
- exhibit superior bond to the substrate
- provide a seamless coating to the tank walls, floor and baffles
Key benefits of the polyurethane coating system:
- provides fast cure, tough, resilient and elastomeric
- resistance to chemicals used in the Carbon in Leach process
- seamless application of the coating system to the floor and wall areas of the tanks
- wear resistance against gold slurry
- wide application temperature range.