Foam systems can be blown with water (CO2), 245fa, 365/227blends, Pentane or Ecomate. Ecomate systems, available from Australian Urethane & Styrene , are an ideal family of polyurethane foam systems.
The Ecomate foam system demonstrates advanced characteristics to meet current and future market needs.
Ecomate rigid foam systems exhibit:
- Zero ozone depletion potential
- A blowing agent with zero global warming potential
- The thermal efficiencies the market is accustomed to
- The lower the thermal conductivity or K value, the better the insulation
- Water blown systems have higher thermal conductivity (less insulation)
- Water blown foams achieve 0.032 W/m.K.
- 245fa systems have vapour pressure problems; water is added to reduce this, resulting in higher thermal conductivity (less insulation)
- Ecomate and 141b foam systems achieve 0.020 to 0.022 W/m.K
- 141b is an ozone depleting chemical.