Leading mobile tanker manufacturer, Furphy Engineering has introduced a new range of heavy duty water carts incorporating an Aussie Fire Chief fire pump from Australian Pump Industries .
The new Furphy heavy duty fully galvanised trailer mount water carts are designed for a wide range of applications including fire fighting, machinery washdown and transfer.
The Aussie Fire Chief is a world-leading range of lightweight and portable high pressure fire pumps. The Aussie Fire Chief was chosen as its features were consistent with Furphy’s engineering standards.
The Furphy water cart comes with a 950-litre fully galvanised tank, hot dipped, for maximum corrosion resistance and is mounted on a big robust galvanised trailer with 16” 4WD wheels.
Aussie Pumps Product Manager Brad Farrugia believes that the Aussie Fire Chief is a great match for Furphy’s heavy duty trailer mounted water cart because of its robust design and high performance.
The Aussie Fire Chief fire pumps are built tough to suit some of the most difficult conditions.
Built primarily for fire fighting operations, the Aussie Fire Chief fire pumps are also effective in earthmoving machinery washdowns. Its versatility extends to farm jobs where the pump is used for topping up stock water troughs, or watering trees and shrubs during their establishment stage.
Key features of Aussie Fire Chief fire pumps:
- Huge 7½” diameter, one piece impeller
- Handles flows of up to 550 lpm and pressures of over 100 psi
- Huge flanged 2” suction port gets more water into the pump
- Big belly body on the pump holds plenty of water
- Fast priming, first time, every time
- Draws water through a vertical lift of 7.6 metres
- Honda 5.5 hp petrol engine as standard with optional Yanmar or Kubota diesel engine
- 3-year warranty for the engine and unique 5-year warranty for the pump