Australian Pump Industries introduces a new lightweight range of submersible single phase residue dewatering pumps manufactured by Tsurumi Pump.
The Aussie LSC residue pumps, called the ‘Puddle Sucker’ are designed for efficient and quick dewatering of flat surfaces, removing water down to 1mm.
According to Aussie Pumps’ Jeremy Murray, the Puddle Sucker is ideal for draining water from flat surfaces or removing water from flooded areas such as cellars, basements, car parks or man holes.
The tough, reliable and hardworking submersible pumps feature all the qualities of bigger Tsurumi pumps.
The Aussie Puddle Sucker submersible dewatering pumps come with several design advantages for long-term reliable performance with low maintenance requirement.
An inbuilt thermal motor protection device in the motor reacts to the heat generated by an over current or dry run conditions, not only cutting off the motor circuit automatically but also resetting on its own. The motor automatically restarts once it cools down to a safe operating temperature.
Another feature developed by Tsurumi in the submersible residue dewatering pumps is an oil lifter that acts as a lubricating device for the mechanical seal. Utilising the centrifugal force of the shaft seal, the oil lifter forcibly supplies lubricating oil to the upper seal faces even at low lubricant levels.
Key features of Aussie LSC Puddle Sucker submersible dewatering pumps:
- Weighs only 12kg and can be easily lowered into flooded sumps
- Produces flows of up to 170 litres per minute, with a head of up to 11 metres
- Single phase 0.48kW capacitor start electric motor
- 10-metre heavy duty submersible cable
- Inbuilt thermal motor protection device
- Non-return valve stops any water from flowing back to the drained area
- Resilient rubber base plate offers protection to the pump and the floor
- Semi vortex design impeller features a high-gap structure for abrasion resistance
- Dual inside mechanical seal located in the oil chamber with two silicon carbide sealing faces protects the motor
- Oil lifter ensures lubrication and cooling, extending the length of time between inspections and services substantially
- Anti wicking block provided at the cable entry section of the motor chamber prevents water from travelling into the chamber