Australian Flooring Supplies (AFS) is both a design-led flooring company and the largest flooring accessory distributor within Australia. We understand that flooring is the design foundation of your space, but we also understand what it takes to achieve a strong and level sub floor which is why we distribute market leading brand ARDEX.
ARDEX has manufactured high performance flooring products for more than 60 years and AFS is proud to be a distributor. AFS distributes more than 30 leading products by ARDEX including subfloor preparation, levelling and waterproofing products.
Sub Floor Preparation and Levelling:
A smooth, flat sub-floor is essential for a successful floor covering installation.
ARDEX levelling products that AFS distributes include:
- ARDEX Feather Finish: A cement-based smoothing compound that is rapid drying (install floor coverings after 15 minutes) and offers excellent coverage (skim coat up to 70 sq. metres). Suitable for the following floor coverings: vinyl, floating timber, carpet, linoleum and ceramic and quarry tiles. No primers or additives required. Substrates: new and existing concrete, timber floors, existing vinyl floors, timber floors and terrazzo, quarry and ceramic tiles.
- ARDEX K 120: A quick drying (walkable after only 2-3 hours) levelling and smoothing compound designed to level and smooth internal sub-floors prior to the installation of vinyl and carpet. Suitable for residential and commercial applications. Substrates: internal, dry concrete
- ARDEX A45: A rapid hardening and drying slump free repair mortar. With a shrinkage free finish and exceptional hardness, ARDEX A45 is ideal for creating new ramps, patch repairs, stairs and more. Surface can be smoothed when wet trowelled prior to final set suitable for the installation of the following floor coverings: vinyl, linoleum, carpet, ceramic tiles, quarry tiles and timber (parquetry and floating). Substrates: new and existing concrete, concrete masonry or cement render and impervious surfaces primed with ARDEX P 82 (also available at AFS).
- ARDEX K 220: A professional commercial floor levelling and smoothing compound designed for internal sub-floors. Quick drying (walkable after 2-3 hours) and very low odour making it ideal for enclosed environments. Suitable to prepare sub-floors for vinyl, carpet and floating floors. Substrates: internal, dry concrete
- ARDEX K 12 New: Designed for experienced commercial contractors to prepare large commercial and retail areas for vinyl, carpet and floating timber floor installations. The rapid hardening (walkable from 2 hours) levelling and smoothing compound creates a super smooth finish that eliminates the need for mechanical sanding.
Sub floor Waterproofing:
ARDEX waterproofing products that AFS distributes include:
- ARDEX WPM 300: A two component water based epoxy polyamide membrane/barrier coating that is safe to use in sensitive locations. Water resistant, prevents rising damp, efflorescence and withstands hydrostatic pressure. Green Star compliant meeting the benchmark for VOC credit in the Green Building Council of Australia’s Rating Tools.
- ARDEX WPM 368: A single part barrier membrane that will prevent rising damp, efflorescence and will resist negative hydrostatic pressure when used in accordance with the technical data sheet. Can be applied to damp surfaces and freshly laid hardened (green) concrete and conforms to the Building Code of Australia as a waterproof membrane.
For AFS' full ARDEX product range (which also includes screed mixes, aggregate, exterior levelling products, primers and more) visit the AFS website or call us on 1300 737 155.