Australian Disabled Access Consultants has successfully negotiated disabled access facilities for a child care centre development application at Myra Street, Wahroonga.
The child care centre’s design elements required disabled access within and around the building and the car parking facilities in terms of:
- Continuous safe paths of travel throughout the overall building, within the external playground areas and the car parking area at the front of the property.
- Building entries.
- Doorway widths and corridor widths.
- Ramps and handrails.
- Toilet facilities.
- Floor-ceiling heights along all movement pathways.
- Kitchen design layout and furniture fit-out.
- Parking and driveway arrangements.
Australian Disabled Access Consultants’ disabled access assessment report for the development application ensured compliance with:
a) The guiding principles of the Disabilities Discrimination Act, and
b) Australian Standards and Hornsby Shire Council’s built environment disabled access design guidelines for commercial child care centre development, within the Hornsby Shire local government area.