Australian Disabled Access Consultants carried out a disabled access and wheelchair access building audit for accessible bathrooms in Suites 209 and 309 of the Windham Resort Hotel in Sydney CBD precinct. It was reported that the Windham Resort Hotel Suite’s bathrooms generally complied with AS1428.1 and AS1428.2 disabled access design guidelines but required work to be carried out for grab rails and shower seats.
Australian Disabled Access Consultants disabled access and wheelchair access building audit report addressed:
- Bathroom design elements.
- Grab rails.
- Shower seats.
- Taps and shower heads.
- Slip resistant floor materials.
- Doorway widths and corridor widths.
- Toilet facilities.
- Floor-ceiling heights along all movement pathways.
- Lighting illumination
Australian Disabled Access Consultants said: “Australian Disabled Access Consultants fully supports the Wyndham Hotel to provide disabled access and wheelchair access within the accessible bathrooms to support the principles of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.”
The disabled access building audit report identified compliance with:
- The guiding principles of the Disabilities Discrimination Act,
- Sydney City Council’s Development Control Plan disabled access and wheelchair access design guidelines for medical development within the Waterloo locality
- Australian Standards AS1428.1, AS1428.2 and AS2890.1 disabled access and wheelchair access building and parking design guidelines.