Australian Disabled Access Consultants recently negotiated approval to a development application with Ryde Council for Dallas Air-conditioning Pty Ltd to relocate its current Chatswood corporate headquarters to Delhi Road, Macquarie Park, New South Wales.
Dallas Air-conditioning building access and office design required disabled access for its office and research and development facilities in terms of:
- Continuous safe paths of travel within the building and the parking area
- Building entry and wheelchair access
- Vertical rise elevator
- Doorway widths and corridor widths
- Accessible toilet facilities
- Floor-ceiling heights along all movement pathways
- Suite design layout and furniture fit-out; and
- Accessible parking and driveway arrangements
The company has occupied the premises and the disabled access facilities have proved successful.
Australian Disabled Access Consultants said that their disabled access assessment report for the Dallas Air-Conditioning development application ensured compliance with:
- The guiding principles of the Disabilities Discrimination Act
- Ryde City Council’s Development Control Plan disabled access design guidelines for commercial development within the Macquarie Park Employment Precinct
- Part D3 of the Building Code of Australia disabled access standards; and
- Australian Standards AS1428.1, AS1428.2 and AS2890.1 disabled access and wheelchair access into the building and parking design guidelines.