Australian Disabled Access Consultants has successfully conducted disabled access building audit inspections of the East Lindfield Community Child Care Centre at 110 Tryon Road, Lindfield.
Australian Disabled Access Consultants provided a disability access assessment report, certifying compliance with Ku-ring-gai Council’s Development Control Plan 31 disabled access guidelines as well as Australian Standards AS1428.1 and AS2890.1 guidelines.
The inspection report also identified areas of non-compliance with recommendations for works required to achieve compliance.
The East Lindfield Community Child Care Centre disability access building audit inspection assessed the building and external access compliance for the following criteria:
- Continuous safe paths of travel into and within the building
- Continuous safe paths of travel within the external playground areas
- Continuous safe paths of travel within the parking area
- Building entries
- Doorway widths and corridor widths
- Doors and hardware
- Ramp and handrails
- Lighting illumination
- Accessible toilet facilities
- Floor-ceiling heights along all movement pathways
- Parking and driveway arrangements
Australian Disabled Access Consultants disability access assessment report ensured compliance with:
- The guiding principles of the Disabilities Discrimination Act
- Ku-ring-gai Council’s Development Control Plan 31 disabled access guidelines
- Australian Standards AS1428.1 and AS2890.1 disabled access guidelines