Australian Disabled Access Consultants carried out a disabled access audit inspection of the combined unisex accessible toilet and shower facility at the Singleton Swimming Centre Gymnasium in Civic Avenue, Singleton.
Appointed by Perram & Toohey Builders Pty Limited of Singleton NSW, Australian Disabled Access Consultants conducted the disabled access audit inspections of the existing combined accessible unisex toilet and shower facility designed by Carmen Design of Garden Suburb of Newcastle.
The audit aimed to assess specific design elements for compliance with the Building Code of Australia (part D3) and Australian Standards AS1428.1-2001 disabled access design guidelines.
The disabled access audit inspection by Australian Disabled Access Consultants covered the following design elements:
- Continuous pathways of travel
- Doorway entry, doorway width, external circulation area, hardware, IN USE indicator and bolt catch
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Room size and internal circulation areas
- Floor-ceiling height
- Light switches and general purpose outlets
- Grab rails
- Pan location, height and seat
- Cistern location, height and flushing controls
- Shower seat
- Washbasin and taps
- Toilet paper dispenser
- Mirror and soap dispenser
- Clothes hanging device
- Door signage