The Australasian Plastics and Rubber Institute Incorporated
(APRI Inc.) promote the development, for the benefit of the public, of the science and technology of polymers in the academic, research, commercial and administrative fields.
The main objective of APRI Inc is to make people aware of the development of polymer science and the technologies surrounding it. This will encourage a development in education and training of managers, chemists, scientists, engineers, technologists and others employed in the polymer industries which will confer qualifications and awards as a way of recognising and raising the status of people that are qualified. Meetings, seminars and publications will then promote their polymer science and technology knowledge and then they will also be able to carry our voluntary charity events.
There are several benefits of the association:
- Branch coordinators will organise seminars, technical meetings and plant visits usually on a monthly basis to talk about new developments and hear of any personal or business networking.
- Australasian Technology convention is also held every three years.
- Social interaction is popular with annual golf and tennis days, and dinners and lunches.
- APRI sponsored a RMIT course 'Introduction to Rubber Technology' which ensures that advanced courses in Polymer technology conform to standard for professional qualification.
- When becoming a member of APRI a free subscription to the quarterly journal is available. This keeps members up to date with all the new materials and processes as well as company changes and updates on institute activities.