Armstrong Flooring Pty Ltd is helping hospitals and clinics across Australia respond to the COVID-19 crisis by getting testing and treatment facilities ready to receive patients.
As Victoria and Australia’s only manufacturer of vinyl flooring, Armstrong Flooring has delivered custom-made products tailored for hospitals, healthcare and medical research facilities across Australia and the globe for over 50 years.
From upgrading existing medical facilities to meet modern hygiene standards to creating new facilities, Armstrong Flooring brings several decades of experience to ensure that surfaces in medical facilities meet the highest standards of hygiene and microbe control.
Armstrong Flooring is now utilising their experience, technology and capability to assist governments and medical facilities around the nation as they grapple with the COVID-19 crisis.
COVID-19 hospital and clinic projects
Armstrong Flooring has already helped a number of hospitals prepare for treating patients with COVID-19.
- A pop-up COVID-19 testing clinic at EACH, Ringwood, Victoria
- A COVID-19 testing facility at Wonthaggi Hospital, Victoria
- A COVID-19 treatment centre at Calvary Hospital, Canberra
- A COVID-19 treatment centre at the Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide
- Isolation PODS for clinics in Hobart, Launceston and Devenport, Tasmania
- Clinical areas, testing clinic, wards, QEII – Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital, WA
- Clinical areas, testing clinic, wards x 2, Armadale Hospital, WA
- COVID-19 testing, clinical areas, Bunbury Hospital, WA
- COVID-19 testing, clinical areas, Busselton Hospital, WA
- COVID-19 testing, clinical areas, Midland Hospital, WA
- COVID-19 testing, clinical areas, Fremantle Hospital, WA
- Mental health area in preparation for isolation and testing, Bentley Hospital, WA
Armstrong Flooring products are used extensively throughout clinical environments, including floors and walls of medical examination and consulting rooms, hospital and healthcare facilities, emergency, intensive and coronary care units, operating theatres, laboratories, and wet areas.
Unlike offshore manufacturers, Armstrong Flooring can produce flooring solutions to meet your needs in smaller batches and with short lead times, cutting waste and saving resources.
While maintaining and practicing an extremely high standard of health and safety protocols, the company’s manufacturing facility in Braeside, Victoria, and distribution centre teams are working incredibly hard to meet growing demands in the healthcare sector.
Image: Pop-up COVID-19 testing clinic: Armstrong Flooring Australia received an urgent call at 3.30pm on a Friday to provide flooring for a pop-up COVID-19 testing clinic at EACH, a community health centre in Ringwood. The flooring needed to be installed the following Tuesday. We worked over the weekend and it was delivered and installed on the Monday. The clinic opened ahead of schedule.