Finalists for the 2016 ARBS Industry Awards have been announced for various categories with award winners to be honoured in May in Melbourne.
Australia’s only international air conditioning, refrigeration and building services trade exhibition, ARBS 2016 will be held at the Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre from Tuesday 17 May till Thursday 19 May 2016.
The ARBS Industry Awards are considered the pinnacle of achievement in the HVAC&R and Building Services industries, attracting nominations from across all sectors. The finalists were selected by a panel of industry experts who evaluated the nominations based on various criteria such as leadership, sustainability, performance and innovation.
The award winners will be honoured at a gala dinner to be held on Wednesday 18 May 2016 at the Crown Palladium in Melbourne.
2016 ARBS Industry Awards Finalists
The ARBS Young Achiever Award 2016:
- Ahmad Amiri, High Technology Control
- Vladimir Poposki, Belco Electrical
- Leon Wurfel, BUENO
The ARBS Product/Service Excellence Award 2016:
- PlantPRO – Conserve it
- FyreWrap – Trafalgar Products and Unifrax Australia
- Braemar 7 Star equivalent ducted gas heater – Seeley International
The ARBS Project Excellence Award 2016:
- Westpac St. George HQ Refurbishment – Norman Disney Young & Westpac Corporation
- Coles Coburg North – Coles & City Building Engineering Services Pty Ltd
- Sylvan Australia ammonia glycol chiller – Strathbrook Industrial Services & Danfoss
The Outstanding Industry Education/Training Award 2016:
- Diploma of Engineering Technology in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning – TAFE NSW Sydney Institute (Sydney TAFE)
- Energy Efficient HVAC for Business – Office of Environment & Heritage & AIRAH
- Refrigeration & Climate Control Centre of Excellence – AMCA & Box Hill Institute
The ARBS Hall of Fame 2016 (all nominations will receive the award):
- Neil Marshall – nominated by AMCA
- Garry Mundy – nominated by AREMA
- Dr Stephen White – nominated by AIRAH
Image: The Outstanding Industry Education/Training Award 2016 Finalist: Diploma of Engineering Technology in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning – TAFE NSW Sydney Institute (Sydney TAFE)