Speed and ease of installation made AFS Rediwall from AFS Systems the perfect product for basement renovations featured on the 2021 season of The Block.
The 2021 season also saw a few surprises with the show beginning with the construction of basements using AFS Rediwall.
With land prices at a premium in the Melbourne suburb of Hampton (where The Block 2021 was located), it made sense to optimise the use of underground space.
AFS Rediwall is a strong and versatile permanent formwork system that’s also superfast to assemble and install.
On The Block, speed is vital, making AFS Rediwall a great choice for the build team. Quick and easy to install, AFS Rediwall is a perfect match for the time constraints of The Block’s schedule.
Lightweight to install, yet structurally strong to be load-bearing, the AFS Rediwall walling system is suitable for both above and below ground applications. It’s a time-saving alternative to conventional masonry and blockwork with the precision-extruded components easily interconnecting for rapid installation.
An extremely versatile walling system, AFS Rediwall can be used in almost any application where a structural wall is required.
With so many advantages, it makes perfect sense to consider AFS Rediwall for your next project:
- Requires almost no machinery-aided installation
- Panels are lighter than blockwork or timber, hence easy to handle
- Installation is easy as components simply snap or slide together
- Comprehensive range of profiles to maximise floor space and minimise concrete
- Design of the internal webbing allows easier location of reinforcement bars and for better concrete flow during core filling
- Semi-gloss high quality pre-finish means you can have a smooth and clean surface, or allow for other finishes to be easily applied such as rendering
- Minimises need for trades on site for installation and cuts wastage, helping you reduce workplace health and safety risks
- All AFS products are of the highest quality and locally made, with fast delivery times
- Dedicated after-sales services provide free onsite training and support
AFS Rediwall is the structural wall system selected by The Block for the construction of basements in the 2021 season. It’s a versatile lightweight permanent formwork system that’s quick and easy to install.
AFS Rediwall is proudly Australian-made and owned, AS3600 Concrete Structures compliant, meets all GBCA Best Practice for PVC guidelines and is NCC compliant and CodeMark certified.