MeanWell has followed up the launch of 5W (SLW05), 10W (SKE10), 15W (SKA15/DKA15), 20W (SKA20), and 30W (SKM30) series of encapsulated module type DC-DC converters with the introduction of the new SKM50 series (50W).
The new SKM50 series of DC-DC converters features a miniature size and extremely high power density of 46.3W/in³ to satisfy the growing demands of miniaturisation applications and help system designers solve the tough issue of PCB space limitation.
Equipped with standard pin assignment, the SKM50 series comprises of regulated single output DC-DC converters featuring 2:1 wide input range, 1500VDC input/output isolation, short circuit/ overload/ input and output over voltage protection, low ripple noise, built-in remote ON/OFF control, output trimming (±10%), and CE/FCC compliance.
Suitable applications for the new SKM50 series of DC-DC converters include industrial control, telecom/datacom, distributed power architecture, or vehicle, vessel, back-up systems, and any application that may use rechargeable batteries as the power source.
Key features of SKM50 series DC-DC converters:
- Up-to-date Active-Clamp circuit design ensures up to 92% high efficiency
- Can be full load operated by free air convection cooling from -40°C to +55°C ambient temperature, and even up to +75°C by derating the output load
- Fully encapsulated packaging and six-sided shield metal case help withstand the influence of dust and moisture in all kinds of harsh environments
- Compliant with CE/FCC Class A requirements without adding extra EMC suppression components
- 2”x1” standard size, 46.3W/in³ of extremely high power density
- 2:1 wide DC input range
- 1500VDC I/O isolation
- Built-in remote ON/OFF control
- Trimming output (±10%)
- Protection: Short circuit/ overload/ input/ output over voltage
- Dimension (LxWxH): 50.8x 25.4x 13.7mm (2”x 1”x 0.54”)
- 2-year warranty
MeanWell products are available from ADM Instrument Engineering .