The utilisation of natural light in commercial and office environments allows buildings to be more energy efficient. However, the harsh sun can easily become a nuisance, causing issues such as excessive glare and UV exposure. 3M’s daylighting solution makes use of the natural light whilst mitigating the burdens of solar heat gain, glare and fading of interiors.
Design with Daylight
The film consists of both daylight redirecting technology and a built in diffuser. The micro structured prisms direct 80% of light upwards, allowing it to extend as far as 12 metres into the building. This helps provide the benefit of natural light for occupants, reducing the need for artificial lighting, which leads to increased energy savings.
• Reduces glare and discomfort caused by direct sunlight
• Redirects natural light as much as 12 metres or more into the building
• Creates brighter interiors, improves comfort and increases productivity
• Extends daylight zone up to 8ft. into the interior for every 1ft of treated window
• Can provide up to 52% lighting energy savings
• Rejects up to 99% of harmful ultraviolet rays, providing better protection for tenants, furnishings and interior finishes
• It can be applied to any design of your choosing: apply a fritted, striped or even diamond pattern and design with daylight in mind
Simple, Effective, Daylighting Solution
Compared to existing strategies, 3M Daylight Redirecting Film is cost effective and easily integrated into new or existing windows. It requires no extra hardware or infrastructure, and little to no additional maintenance or special cleaning. 3M Daylight Redirecting Film comes with a commercial limited 10 year product warranty. Optimising natural light creates a better environment for any building.