3M introduces the DBI-SALA Rollgliss R520 rescue and escape device, a new range of twin brake rescue and escape descenders.
A state-of-the-art, easy-to-use fully automatic controlled descent device, the DBI-SALA Rollgliss rescue and escape device features a dual braking system that offers a higher degree of safety during use. This rescue device, unlike friction based descenders provides controlled descent self-rescue regardless of the user’s weight for the evacuation of multiple personnel, or the versatility of assisted rescue.
According to Rick Millar, Technical Manager for 3M Australia & New Zealand, the R520 rescue and escape device sets new standards in performance, rescue and safety. For instance, should one of the brake systems fail due to damage or wear, the second brake provides increased protection by holding the load safely and supporting the person to the ground.
The user simply connects the descender to an anchorage point, attaches the connector to their harness and lowers themselves to perform a hands-free descent. The descent speed is automatically limited during the descent, adjusting to the user’s body weight, and allowing for a secure and effective escape within seconds.
The system is ideal for use in a number of industries including utilities, construction and maintenance, fire and emergency services as well as general industry.
Key features of DBI-SALA Rollgliss rescue and escape device:
- Available in a variety of lengths
- Each kit is pre-rigged and ready for use in the event of an emergency
- Simple operation by the user
- Configuration allows the device to operate in both directions - one end of the lifeline descends as the other ascends
- Can be used from heights of up to 150m from elevated work platforms, towers, cranes, buildings or other heights
- Compact size allows the unit to be attached to the rescue box of an EWP basket, crane housing or other suitable anchorage
3M, the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of height safety, confined space and industrial rescue equipment with 20 operating sites worldwide is home of the DBI-SALA, PROTECTA and UNILINE brands of fall protection equipment.