The existing Cromwell Property Group's fitout had many external offices and internal workstation silos. The fitout was over two storeys but disconnected which provided a space that had little light and no collaboration.
Nettleton Tribe Architecture was engaged to re-design their fitout into a space that embraced flexibility and nimbleness, encourages the coming together of different teams and colleagues and to encourage collaboration. Strong communication was achieved through formal and informal meeting spaces and breakout zones scattered throughout.
All new walls were glass to bring in the light, enhance sight lines and provide an overall level of transparency that reflected Cromwell's core values.
All staff was housed in open workstations. Opportunity for formal or informal discussion was now available. Greenwalls extend through these spaces. A new atrium with a feature stair provided inter-connectivity between all 3 levels. Sustainability and reuse was a primary focus of the design.
- Re-use of a portion of the floor slab to become a design feature in the reception desk
- Pendants were reused from the lobby and re-furbishing and positioned over the new atrium
- All carpets are 100%recycled nylon with 100%recycled rubber backing
- All floor tiles have recycled content including mirrors, glass and limestone
- Task chairs are re-upholstered as a component of our core vision to re-use where possible
- Chairs were dismantled and re-assembled as an art installation on the walls with an acoustic benefit
- Feature timber in the project was recycled timber
- A new atrium with skylight and a stair provided a direct connection between all three levels
- Low VOC paints specified
- Greenwalls were scattered throughout
- General office lighting utilising a "Organic Responsiveness," capable of responding to allow light levels to be set to minimum.
- CO2 monitors in meeting rooms monitor Internal air quality (IAQ) for contaminants to allow for fresh air intake
- Wels rated bathroom fixtures
- Smart Meters report and monitor electricity and water consumption
- Office fit targeted a minimum 4.5 star tenant NABERS energy rating