2016 Sustainability Awards-winning firm Steele Associates is seeking a talented construction supervisor for a ground-breaking project in Sydney which will be a first for Australia.
The team behind the highly-publicised 88 Angel Street apartment project in Newtown, Sydney is seeking a site manager for our nation’s first Passivhaus apartment project in the nearby Redfern.
The ideal candidate has experience in medium density multi-residential construction and attuned to the ideals of triple bottom-line developments, basically you should share director Oliver Steele’s passion for reducing carbon emissions in material and building production.
Reporting to the Project Manager, responsibilities include:
- Quality management to high standards
- Site scheduling and program management
- Cost control through efficient site management
- Supervision of subcontractors and site staff
- Achieving industry leading sustainability outcomes
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in multi-residential, mid-rise construction
- Trade qualifications and skills
- Ability to read detailed architectural drawings
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will enjoy:
- Strong team culture of mutual respect and high staff retention
- Opportunity to move into senior project management
- Great bonuses and incentives
- High quality work you can be proud of
- No separate client or architect to manage because we design, build and develop in-house
- Car included in package if required
To apply, contact Oliver Steele at [email protected].