Projects by Woods Bagot, Shane Denman Architects and Straw & Dunne were named in the shortlist announced by the Australian Institute of Architects for the 2016 Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Regional Architecture Awards.
Among the 24 projects nominated for the awards are a skate shop, a library, university extensions and a variety of houses. Awards will be given across commercial, public, residential – houses, residential – multiple housing, interior and small project architecture categories at a special ceremony on 26 February.
Projects awarded on the night will progress to the coveted Queensland State Architecture Awards to be announced in Brisbane on 24 June.
Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Regional Jury Coordinator and Juror Leah Lang (City of Gold Coast) and Jurors Peter Gardiner (Peddle Thorp Architects) and Chris Gee (Coast Arc) will assist the 2016 Awards Jury Director, Michael Lavery (M3 Architecture), Deputy Director, Alice Hampson (Alice LTM Hampson Architect), and State Jurors Brian Hooper (Brian Hooper Architect), and Tony Jemmott (Jemmott Associates) with the final selection of the recipients of Regional Commendations, Regional Project of the Year, and the Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Building of the Year and House of the Year titles.
Queensland 2016 Awards Jury Director, Michael Lavery will present the Regional Commendations to Gold Coast/Northern Rivers winners at the special awards ceremony at Edgewater Dining and Lounge bar, Isle of Capri, commencing at 6:30pm Friday 26 February.
- Casino Aboriginal Medical Service by Kevin O’Brien Architects in association with Aecom in Casino
- Miami State High School Year 7 Building by Conrad Gargett in Miami
- Hinterland House by Shaun Lockyer Architects in Canungra
- Helensvale Library and CCYC by Complete Urban and Lahz Nimmo Architects in Association in Helensvale
- Griffith Business School, Griffith University G42 by Wilson Architects in Southport
- 2A Concrete by Shane Denman Architects in Palm Beach
- Bal Harbour by Shane Denman Architects in Broadbeach Waters
- Francis Street House by ME in Mermaid Beach
- 60s Modern by Jamison Architects in Burleigh Heads
- Griffith University Student Guild Bar & Link refurbishment by Push in Southport
- Sabano by DBI Design in Coolangatta
- Monaco Renovation by Paul Uhlmann Architects in Broadbeach Waters
- Stella Maris Church by Straw & Dunne with PMG Architect in Broadbeach
- Dryandras Residence by Paul Uhlmann Architects in Casuarina Beach
- Jewel Display Suite Façade Design by Woods Bagot in collaboration with UAP in Surfers Paradise
- Griffith University Red Zone, Gold Coast Campus by Cox Rayner Architects in Southport
- Concrete Lines Skate Shop by Aspect Architecture in Coolangatta
- Griffith University carpark (G55), Gold Coast Campus by The Buchan Group in Southport
- ALTA Main Beach by Willemsen Architecture in Main Beach
- Java2 by Shane Denman Architects in Palm Beach
- Margaret Olley Art Centre by Bud Brannigan Architects in Murwillumbah
- Burleigh Headland Residence by Habitat Studio Architects in Burleigh Heads
- Nagel Residence by John Campbell Design in Miami
- Rapallo Residence by John Campbell Design in Isle of Capri