Multiplex Constructions has been announced as the 2018 winner of the Australian Construction Achievement Award for the Optus Stadium and Stadium Park at Burswood, WA.
“The Perth Stadium is a best-practice example of how the engineering and construction industry can deliver a truly wonderful community asset – a major stadium within a community park which recognizes and celebrates our environmental and traditional cultural heritage,” says David Cruickshanks-Boyd, chair of the judging panel.
“The team, led by Multiplex Constructions, provided innovative solutions to overcome difficult ground conditions that included dealing with a previous land fill site close to alluvial sediment. Innovation continued throughout the above-ground structure, especially the design of the roof trusses, which allowed for a much safer construction as well as a significant savings to the project budget.”
The other finalists include:
- Macquarie Rapid Build Prison at Wellington NSW by Hansen Yuncken
- Northern Beaches Hospital at Frenchs Forest NSW by CPB Contractors
- Pacific Highway Upgrade: Warrell Creek to Nambucca Heads (WC2NH) at Macksville NSW by Pacifico Acciona Ferrovial JV
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility (PEQF) at Mickleham VIC by CPB Contractors
- Princes Highway Upgrade for Foxground and Berry Bypass at Berry NSW by Fulton Hogan Construction