Australians dominate 2015 WAF Awards shortlist
2015 WAF feature ‘super jurors’ Sou Fujimoto and Charles Jencks
Cox Rayner, Conrad Gargett Lyons and MHN Design Union will hold the flag for Australia at the 2015 World Architecture Festival Awards to be held in November, the three teams are among a pool of nine in this year’s Colour Prize category.
Global paint and coatings company AkzoNobel recently announced they will return as the Headline Sponsor for the Colour Prize category and will also be hosting live drawing demonstrations by architectural legend Will Alsop and a Singapore50 (SG50) Colour Tour where delegates will be able to immerse themselves in high definition Singaporean architecture.
WAF, the world’s largest architectural celebration and conference, takes place at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore from 4 to 6 November 2015.
AkzoNobel’s Colour Prize Shortlist for 2015 features nine vibrant global projects spanning the wide spectrum of WAF award categories.
This year’s shortlist includes
- Barrie Ho Architecture Interiors, Wholesale Conversion of Industrial Building into Genesis @ Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
- Yazgan Design Architecture Co., ONS Incek Residence Showroom & Sales Office, Turkey
- Cox Rayner Architects, Box Office, Australia
- a21studio, Saigon house, Vietnam
- QLAB, Tucheng Community Sports Center, Taiwan
- Robert Greg Shand Architects and Urban Design - URBNarc, A Glowing Lantern for "Little India", Singapore
- Conrad Gargett Lyons, Lady Cilento Children's Hospital, Australia
- AGi architects, Al-Ghanim Ali Mohammed Thunayan Al-Ghanim Center, Kuwait
- MHN Design Union, Viking by Crown, Australia.
The winners of this year’s World Architecture Festival Awards will be announced at Marina Bay Sands, 4-6 November 2015. The World Architecture Festival Gala Awards Dinner will take place on the evening of Friday 6 November.