The Asia Pacific Architecture Forum will return to Brisbane in March for its third iteration.
Running between 10 and 23 March, the 2018 program will feature a range of free and ticketed events, including exhibitions, installations, symposia, lectures and workshops. Together, they will examine the opportunities that the region presents for architects, designers and planners.
Among the highlights is the Architecture Symposium, a one-day, headline event on 16 March, that will once again be held at the State Library of Queensland. The symposium will feature practitioners from across the Asia Pacific. The keynote speakers include:
- Alex Mok & Briar Hickling, Linehouse Design (China)
- Young Jang and Sook Hee Chun, Wise Architecture (South Korea)
- Richard Niash, RTA Studio (New Zealand)
- Koos de Kejizer, DKO Architecture (Australia)
- Diane Jones, PTW Architects (Australia)
- Chatpong Cheunrudeemol, Chat Architects (Thailand)
- Li Hu, Open Architecture (China)
- Kelly Shannon, University of Leuven, Belgium (USA)
- Maki Onishi and Yuki Hyakuda, Onishiamki + Hyakudayuki Architects (Japan)
Other highlights consist of an architecture workshop for young children, the UQ Architecture lecture series, and a Brisbane Open House tour.
The full program of events will be announced in the coming months. More information here.