Creative Director announced for 2016 Int Landscape Architecture Festival
AILA social media campaign highlights institute’s significant growth
Seven new members have joined the Board of the Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA), infusing a reenergised vision to empower landscape architects to lead the debate on liveable cities.
Endorsed at the Annual General Meeting held during the Festival of Landscape Architecture, the new Board comprises of a strong, determined and creative leadership team committed to continuing the great work achieved over the last few years.
The new National President for AILA is national award-winning Landscape Architect and Design and Transport Manager at Adelaide City Council, Daniel Bennett, who is committed to driving a strong public strategic agenda for the membership.
Bennett is confident that the talented Board will put the spotlight on landscape architects and position them at the forefront of developing the policies that shape towns, cities and regions across Australia.
Bennett has over 18 years of experience, practicing as a landscape architect across Australia, the United Kingdom and China. His work at various practices including HASSELL and Johnson Pilton Walker (JPW) has resulted in numerous national and state awards for projects such as the Sydney Light Rail, City of Salisbury Landscape Plan, Gallipoli Underpass Coast to Coast Light Rail and Sydney Olympic Park.
Bennett leads three diverse teams within the City of Adelaide including design projects, design strategy and transport strategy, employing 12 landscape architects across a diverse range of areas.
Representing a diverse mix of talented landscape architects practicing across private, public and academia, the AILA Board includes:
- President - Daniel Bennett, City of Adelaide (SA);
- Vice President - Angus Bruce, Head of Landscape Architecture, HASSELL (NSW)
- Vice President - Malcolm Snow, Chief Executive, National Capital Authority (ACT)
- Secretary - Sara Padgett Kjaersgaard, University of Western Australia (WA)
- Treasurer - Ashley Sheldrick, Director, GbLA Landscape Architects (VIC)
- Amalie Wright, Director, Landscapology (QLD)
- David Hatherly, Director and Owner, Vee Design (QLD)
- James Grant, Principal, JMD design (NSW)
- Jerry de Gryse, Director, Inspiring Place (TAS)
- Suzanne Moulis, Chief Executive, Moulis Legal (ACT)