The Australian Institute of Architects (AIA) has announced a shortlist of 15 projects that will compete at the upcoming Sunshine Coast Regional Architecture Awards. The winner will be announced in an awards ceremony held on 26 May.
The shortlisted projects include a school technology centre, a hospital, a music facility, and a range of single dwelling styles.
Queensland’s 2017 jury chair, Alice Hampson (Alice LTM Hampson Architect), will present the Regional Commendations.
Entries that receive commendations will progress to the Queensland State Architecture Awards, which will be announced in Brisbane on 23 June.
Shortlisted projects for the 2017 AIA Sunshine Coast Regional Architecture Awards:
- Wondai State School Resource + Technology Centre, Macksey Rush Architects, Little Cove
- Noosa Nest, Tim Ditchfield Architects P/L, Townsville
- Music Education Facility, Woombye, arkLAB Architecture, Woombye
- NCC Early Swimmers, Conwell Architects, Woombye
- Breeze Mooloolaba, Tony Owen Partners, Mooloolaba
- Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Architectus Brisbane and HDR Rice Daubney as Sunshine Coast Architects, Birtinya
- Tristania Beach House, Push, Marcus Beach
- Yerranya, Base Architecture, Yaroomba
- Tent House, Sparks Architects, Noosa Hinterland
- Side House Project, Sprout Architects, Maroochydore
- Breezeway House, majstorovic architecture, Coolum Beach
- Richard Henry, K Architecture, K Architecture, Point Arkwright
- Coolum Fairways Stage 2, architecture about people, Mt Coolum
- Mitti Street House, James Russell Architect, Little Cove
- Currimundi Beach House, Conrad Gargett, Currimundi