Presented by Elevar & Ergotron
Thursday, 1 October, 10.30am – 11.30am (AEST)
Thursday, 1 October
10.30am – 11.30am (AEST)
We were seeing an increase in flexible working environments with activity-based working, hot desking, co-working spaces.
Now during the current co-vid pandemic, most of us are working from home and will be for at least part of our working week for the foreseeable future.
In this presentation Alan Boyd will present how we became so sedentary and recent research on the health issues being caused by sedentary lifestyles.
He will also give some practical tips on how to reduce these potential health issues by designing movement into the workplace.
Key Learning Outcomes:
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
- Apply their imagination, aesthetic judgement and critically evaluate options to design a safer and more productive working environment for their clients and themselves.
- Identify and define common pitfalls in specification writing of workplace furniture
- Evaluate and improve the detailed design of materials and components through on a better understanding of the anthropometrics.
AACA Competency Standards related to this session:
- Design: Conceptual Design 3.4
- Design: Schematic Design 4.1, 4.2, 4.3
- Documentation: Detailed Design 5.5
- Documentation: Documentation 6.5
Alan Boyd, Regional Account Manager APAC, Egotron
Originally from Scotland, Alan has been involved in the ergonomics and design industry all his working life.
After working with some of of the World’s most well-known furniture brands in Australia, in 2018 he joined Ergotron to pursue his interest and utilize his experience in ergonomics and furniture.
An experienced and entertaining speaker, he has presented at design events and festivals in throughout Australia and internationally in Thailand, Singapore and Jakarta. Alan mission is to educate on the effects of sedentary lifestyles and show how designing movement into the work environment can improve brain and body performance.
CPD Documents: available to download soon.