Glassworks sources the best technology and machinery from around the world to provide innovative glass solutions for both commercial and residential applications. SolarAdapt is Australia’s first truly Solar Responsive Thermochromic (SRT) adaptive glazing film.
Solar Responsive Thermochromic is an innovative technology that uses the sun’s own energy to trigger the tinting of windows and controls building temperatures. For more information, download this free whitepaper.
SolarAdapt adjusts the level of tint depending on the intensity of the sun without the need for power
- Operates from the energy of the sun and naturally controls building temperatures
- Remarkable energy savings
- Ideal for sustainable building design
- Combines perfectly with the best Insulated Glass Unit
- Achieves outstanding U-Value of 1.63
- Achieves Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) of 0.13
SRT film is laminated between two panes of heat-treated or tempered glass as specified by the customer, so design can still be customised
- Results in reduced glare and maximised daylight
- Eliminates need for blinds or external shutters on a building
- Ideal for commercial and residential external windows
- Suitable for glass roofing
This pioneering adaptive glazing film performs at its peak when incorporated in an IGU and better still when combined with the ultimate low-E glass, Cardinal LoE³-366®.