Register your interest to attend
(Architects, Designers and Specifiers)
Discovering best practice workplace design
Commercial Connect was an exclusive invitation-only event that gathered Australia’s very-best architects, building designers, project managers and developers in the commercial architecture space.
The event format was structured around a series of rotating peer-to-peer discussion tables of up to 10 executives that focussed on key themes nominated by attendees and sponsor partners.
The aim was to discover and share the current trends and opportunities for all parties involved in Australia’s commercial building sector.
Read the wrap up from the Commercial Connect event here.
TABLE DISCUSSION TOPICS
POLYCARBONATE – THE SOLUTION PRODUCTS
From skylights to cladding, from personal protection to high security, hear how polycarbonate can be the solutions provider for many applications.
- Learn about polycarbonate and why its seeing increased uptake in commercial settings
- Hear from your peers about how to best incorporate polycarbonate in your project for transparency and natural lighting
- Weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of polycarbonate compared to traditional façade and roofing systems
POWDERCOATING VERSUS ANODISING – KNOW YOUR OPTIONS FOR ARCHITECTURAL ALUMINIUM PROTECTION
Architectural aluminium is commonly coated by one of two systems– anodising or powder coating. But which is better?
- Learn about which coating system has better colour uniformity between batches
- See which coating system is more vulnerable to acidic pollutants in urban areas
- Discover the huge range of available powdercoating colours and finishes
- Hear from your peers about which finish they prefer and why
THE REAL COSTS OF INSTALLING NON-CONFORMING AND NON-COMPLIANT BUILDING PRODUCTS
The rise of non-conforming and non-compliant building products infiltrating Australian building projects is one of the greatest challenges faced by the industry today.
- Identify the key red flags for non-compliant and non-conforming building products
- Get informed on a product’s background as well as its intended applications
- Discern the difference between non-conforming and non-compliant products
TRENDS, TECHNOLOGIES & TECHNIQUES: INNOVATION & THE FUTURE OF WORKPLACE DESIGN
- Discover the most useful new tools for designing commercial projects (BIM, automation software, 3D Printing, Augmented Reality etc.)
- What are the exciting trends in workplace design
- How do the above fit together? How are you meeting the opportunities and challenges?
VENTILATED FACADES FOR COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS & BUILDING AWARENESS OF “GREEN WASHING”
Ventilated facades are a sophisticated façade system can provide your new or aging building with an architecturally iconic look at a relatively low cost. The structure of these facades also adds an extra layer of protection for your building against water ingress and also delivers insulation advantages in cold as well as hot and humid conditions.
- Learn about ventilated facades and why they are valuable for commercial buildings
- Discuss your favourite exterior wall materials for commercial buildings and see if they’re compatible with ventilated facades
- Weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of ventilated facades compared to traditional façade systems